29 July 2010

Mountain holiday

Another holiday post, from the mountain cabin in Heidal. We got back yesterday, after a week of recreation with good friends, no worries at all and beauty around us. Like last year, we went to the fairy tales festival. We defeated the trolls, listened to the enchanted violin music played by Nøkken, and finally rescued the princess. A lot of fun for small ones as well as big ones.And while the dads took care of the children one day, me and the other mom climbed Heidalsmuen, my favorite mountain. 1745 meters above sea level, and starting at 1000 meters, it was a great hike. I'm not sure what it is about this mountain that fascinates me this much, I just love the shape, I guess. I think it's so beautiful. It's been a while since I climbed mountains, and I'd forgotten how much I actually love it. Judging by the feeling in my legs right now, I should probably do it more often.
We visited two mountain farms as well, and both included wool, if only in different ways. More about that another day.

No comments: