05 June 2010

120 swatches for the Truck


That's how many I'd have to make if I were to work swatches for all the color combinations of my Alv yarn. I was asked by a customer to advise her in choosing colors for the Truck vest. I loved being asked, but I did find this task a bit difficult, so I decided to make the swatches so she could see for herself. I thought 15 was enough, though. Here are additional photos of the blues, the greens, the reds and the purples (click for larger photos):

I do think there are some pretty ones amongst them. What's your favorite?

9 comments:

cosymakes said...

interesting. the middle green and purple/brown are my faves.

Monstermønster said...

Nummer 6 og 9 hvis du teller fra toppen og bortover fra venstre til høyre, dvs den orange og den isblå. Isblå, ikke lyseblå ! :)

Clare B said...

I love all the purples - I think I'm going through a bit of a purple thing at the moment

Gryda said...

Dusty green+light brown & orange+light brown! Smart å lage prøvelapper. Fargene blir alltid annerledes når de er strikket enn når de er i nøste, synes jeg.

mariainblog said...

Oh... that is interesting, swatches of the recommended yarn by the designer. So thoughtful of you!

That is lovely yarn I must say... I think I like them all, but I love the 'lime and dusty green' and the 'orange and light brown'. I am all for warm colours.

marit said...

Den blå i midtrekka nest nederst...men så er blått favorittfargen, selv om jeg prøver litt annet innimellom...

Lurt å lage prøvelapper/kombinasjoner!

Tora said...

Thank you all for sharing your favorites!

I think I like quite a lot of the samples myself, but I'd really like to try the yellow/light brown one day. Maybe combined with some purple?

And the ice blue (blue/light blue) is gorgeous. It's the one I used for the Truck vest with yellow wheels.

Tine said...

oh ! des échantillons, j'adore çà aussi

Mette said...

Lovely. I prefered the lime and pale blue, blue and light brown, yellow and light brown and I loved the purple and light brown. I do think the lime with purple would look lovely too.