07 January 2010

Yellow baby blues

Little baby socks for the most wonderful little girl, a brand new human being. The socks fit like a glove (!), and the mother, my friend, the angel knitter, wants more of them. So I'm making the lovely little girl another pair, purple this time.

And yes, the dress is now hers as well, another Magda. Worked in my favorite baby yarn, light, softer than soft wool with beautiful colors. Reminds me of alpaca, only lighter. Or mohair, but not as fuzzy. I think the pattern worked well with these not so typical baby girl colors. The pale blue grey a nice contrast to the ultra feminine dress.

Magda baby booties [@ravelry] specs:
Pattern: My own, not yet published
Size: newborn
Needles: 2.5 mm
Yarn: A little more than nothing of Hifa Alv

6 comments:

Monstermønster said...

Flotte farger til en liten ny! Vakkert, vakkert.

snakkemunn said...

Søte babysokker! :)

Rowan said...

I love those booties, so baeautiful. Your friend is a very lucky girl, as is her new arrival. Please release the pattern!

mildawg said...

Very lovely! I am a fan of that color.

mariainblog said...

Tiny booties = Tiny beauties!

Lovely!

heritage patchwork said...

The booties look so marvelous.In all the colors...love baby booties...I think even after they overgrow these,they can be kept for display and remembering their happy childhood.