23 November 2009

Something new

Having made two grown up sweaters the last year (or actually three..), my sweater mojo seems to be back. I'm now pushing it to its limits, knitting a sweater for my husband. I've finished one sleeve, and cast on for the other - as you can see. Plain stockinette so far. I usually find sleeves a bit boring, so I'm starting with them (also, I haven't yet decided about all the details for the body, so a bit more thinking is required before casting on for the big brother).

I'm working the sleeves using the magic loop. As you might recall, I'm not so fond of (read: good at) working a small diameter in dpns. I've found out that the magic loop saves my day. It's a great way to avoid those irritating ladders. The magic loop also enables working on longer circular needles, which is far better for my hands than a short 40cm circulars. I like that.

As you all know, a sweater in men's size L is a serious thing, so I'm crossing my fingers the mojo will stay with me until the very end. I just hope I don't have to rework too much of this. Knitting a children's size sweater twice is bad enough, I don't think I can do that on a thing like this. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Lisbeth said...

good luck :-)

patricia said...

I'm knitting a sweater for my boyfriend at the moment, or I should be. Everything seems to be more interesting than to continue. It helps to have a small project if you're a bit tired of it, I think. Good luck! Go bulky yarn

life in yonder said...

Lykke til! :-) Si ifra hvis du trenger ekstra "mojo".

mmm... ble nysgjerring på strikkepinnene du bruker...

HappyKATT said...

good luck!

Siddis-in-houston said...

Good luck with the big sweaters! I finished "Little sister's dress today", love it! Now I will ike to try to knit Angle, if the pattern is out somewhere...

Tora said...

Thank you for wishing me luck! I'm still enjoying the project - even the sleeves! - but I might need it!

Patricia, knitting a sweater in bulky yarn would most certainly mean he'd never wear it, so I go for sport weight here..

Anne M., pinnene er de berømte utskiftbare KnitPicks-pinnene. Veldig fornøyd med dem!

Siddis-in-houston, you'll find my Angle pattern in my pattern store.