16 September 2009

A boy's life

I was quite happy with that row of dancing people at the bottom of my Life sweater. The transformation of traditional patterns into something a bit more fun was fun and I think the result was pretty. Great for a kid's sweater, in my opinion - and not only for girls.

The challenge was of course to create a boy's sweater with the same theme. The Life sweater is utterly feminine, with that A-line shape and the cute rib structure. I wanted the boy's sweater to be just as masculine, a distinct boy's sweater was the plan. Raglan sweaters fit boys just as well as girls, obviously, but wasn't quite the shape I wanted for creating this sweater. Elizabeth Zimmermann's hybrid seemed perfect, though, resulting in A boy's life.

I love the look of my little son in it - isn't he handsome? The pattern is available for purchase in the store.

A boy's life [@ravelry] specs:
Pattern: A boy's life (Et gutteliv) by Tora Frøseth
Size: 6 years
Needles: 4.0 and 4.5 mm
Yarn: 200 g of Hifa 2 and 92 g of Hifa Alv, the two yarns held double

2 comments:

Tovepia said...

Tøff fotomodell og kjempefin genser! Likte fellinga øverst på ryggen, gir jo brede skuldrer og må være toppers for gutter;)
Fin kveld til deg!

fleur said...

So sweat!