20 September 2009

Big sister's dress

Little sisters grow up faster than we can imagine, and a lot of you have asked for a dress for all the big sisters out there. As some of you've already found out, the pattern is now available in my store.

The sample dress was made for my niece. She's already grown out of both Sweetheart and Magda, so she needed a new woolen dress for the winter. The yarn is Hifa 2, a lovely woolen spun 2-ply yarn with great yardage. The fabric is warm and extremely lightweight. This is my favorite yarn right now. It is not the softest of the softest, but soft enough, and with lots of sproing to it (I know that's not even a word, still I think it describes this attribute perfectly)

Big sister's dress [@ravelry] specs:
Pattern: Big sister's dress (Kjole til storesøster) by Tora Frøseth
Size: 2 years
Needles: 3.5
Yarn: 140 g of Hifa 2

4 comments:

Tovepia said...

Skikkelig flott kjole! jeg må vurdere å kjøpe mønster av deg, for denne tror jeg faller i smak.
Ha en fin kveld!

Monstermønster said...

Så flott med flere størrelser! Takk for alt arbeidet du legger ned i dette.

Tora said...

Takk, damer :-)

Sarah { bee house hives } said...

I just knit the Little Sister's dress for my one month old and now I had to make another for my daughter who is 6. I was so very happy to happy to have found this pattern in bigger sizes, I purchased it today off of your ravelry site and I THANK YOU SO MUCH for your wonderful designs!! Sending lots of smiles from Montana!
P.S I hope to blog about them both when I am finished and I will put a link up to your wonderful site! Best of luck to you and your store and your knitting :)