05 June 2009

Milano

So much to do at work these days, Milano seems so far away already. I know it's not, but a crash landing into too-fast-to-hang-on everyday life has somehow put an ocean of time between us. I guess that's what happens when you go on a trip like that when it's not really holiday time. You come back to work, and you're the only one with a body still expecting the slow pace.

We had such a wonderful time there together, just the two of us. Five years since our last real holiday, it was about time we went again. I don't have the words to fully describe what it felt like, five days all on our own with nothing to be done. Food, wine, us, in Italy, which we both love. I have the pictures, though:

7 comments:

Siena said...

Nice pictures! Especially the last one (your husband? Handsome). Have a relaxing weekend!

Melanie said...

Very nice pictures indeed, especially of the Galleria! I found your blog fairly recently but enjoy it immensely. So--thank you for sharing. Cheers.

Tora said...

Thank you! And Siena, the extremely handsome man on the last photo is my husband. I love that photo!

lucy said...

sounds blissful! glad you had a wonderful time.

Carm said...

The views are lovely, but one commenter was right... the smile on your husband's face is worth just about anything. He looks so happy and I can see just in that expression what at great time you were having.

thorvalda said...

Hello Tora; nice pictures from Milano! Did you get to wear our new skirt?

I've been checking in on your blog, but no activity - nice to see you around again:) I really liked the bracelet with the buttons you posted about a while ago.

Daniela said...

It's funny that I was in Norway (in Tromso) in the same period you were in Milano!
I love this town! And I've also enjoyed Norway.
Next time you visit Milan feel free to contact me.

Ciao