23 June 2009

Blue

Blue, but not as in sad. On the contrary, actually. This beauty greets me from below every morning, as does the sun from above. Seems like summer's here to stay for a few days.

And tonight, we're off to another garden, a truly wonderful one. Shakespeare's A midsummer night's dream in an outdoor theatre at Ramme gård. I do look forward to enjoying the play, but even more, I dream about the garden in which it will be played. I wish I had a garden like that - and a few gardeners too. In the meantime, I'm happy for my blue poppy in my own tiny garden. It is really that blue..

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Outdoor plays are so wonderful! Enjoy Shakespeare, and keep enjoying the blue poppy.

Lucette said...

I had only heard about blue poppies. Yours is beautiful. And Shakespeare too, is a lot to enjoy.

fleur said...

Stunning! I've never seen such a blue poppie!

Siew said...

I have never had success growing this poppy. So fabulous for you to have one growing in your garden.

Gigi said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a blue poppy - beautiful!

Poethead said...

Incredible color! I love poppies, and I've never seen a blue one!

lucy said...

I didn't know poppies come in that colour. i am waiting for mind and have no idea what colours they'll be!