16 May 2009

Skirt in trouble

I've spent the day sewing. A new skirt for myself, if I'm lucky. I'm really, really pleased with how it came out, and I'm already looking forward to wear it in Milano.

The only thing is, I forgot to prewash the fabric..

It's such a newbie mistake, I really thought I'd been there, done that. I have no idea how the fabric will behave when washed. It's in the washing machine right now. Silly maybe. Some would say I should at least wear it once before shrinking disaster becoming a fact. I don't. The skirt is a candidate to the top ten favorites, and I couldn't stand falling in love with it, then loose it. We'll see in an hour or so. Fingers crossed.

5 comments:

Pinneguri said...

Krysser fingrene!

Little Miss S. said...

I'm holding my fingers crossed - and looking forward to hopefully seeing it on the blog soon... I love the fabric...

Irene said...

X

Jo said...

*crosses fingers* That's such beautiful fabric, I really hope the skirt turns out okay!

Tora said...

Thank you all! The skirt survived, and I'm one happy girl!