17 May 2009

My new skirt

My skirt survived! I'm so happy I'll get to wear this thing!

I didn't follow a pattern. I'm actually not so fond of sewing from patterns, even though my sewing success rate would probably raise if I did. This time I did get it right, though. I made some drawings, did the calculations, and voila! I really like the narrow pleats in front and back. It makes the skirt a cute one. The best part is the patterned fabric at the hem, though. I bought it as a fat quarter a few years ago, and instantly fell in love with it. But what to do with a fat quarter..? Hem a favorite skirt, of course! I guess I'll have to make more like it for summer.

7 comments:

Pinneguri said...

Flinke jenta!

Melanie said...

Very cute!

Heather said...

Gorgeous!

jeanette hegaard said...

Rigtig flot med kanten forneden. Og farven, den er jeg bare vild med :)

Jo said...

Congratulations! That's a lovely piece of work you did. I'm so glad it didn't shrink up!

Siena said...

Smart måte å bruke små stoffbiter - mulig jeg må stjele ideen senere (skal på sykurs snart, gleder meg). Fint sommerskjørt!

Plus Size Dresses said...

Its Really very Nice!!!!