28 May 2009

[ˈnɒki]

I have enjoyed gnocchi for the first time in my life, and I have discovered I need to know how to make those. And I need to be good at it! The meal that made me come to this conclusion was a lunch at Alba d'oro near Corso Buenos Aires in Milano (map). Gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce. Tasted like heaven!

My first attempt was yesterday, and it resulted in something resembling most of all tasty pieces of mashed potatoes. Gnocchi actually are for the most part just that, mashed potatoes. But they are definitely not supposed to taste like it. Today I gave it another go, with success! Lovely little chevy pieces of deliciously tasting gnocchi. I do have a little something left to do regarding shaping, but for my second attempt only, I'm happy!

More on the trip to Milano later..

3 comments:

E to the M said...

I recently came across this recipe and have been wanting to make it.
http://www.deliciousdays.com/archives/2009/05/19/15-minutes-to-fame-gnocchi-for-beginners-and-braggarts/

Tora said...

Thank you! I will definitely try this one out! :-)

Poethead said...

I have always wanted to try this, so I appreciate the recipe link.