15 February 2009

On selfishness II


"You'llneverseethatwomanagain.(..)Becauseyouthoughtonlyofyourself." (A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami)

Again the words of The Sheep Man. And again quite central lines in the book. Why did the girl have to leave? What does it have to do with being selfish? Hmm.. The recipient and I had a wonderful lunch discussing these exact words. She actually got goose bumps when we realized their implications.

These mitts are half a size larger than those from yesterday, hence the extra black border. It's been a while since I knitted with two colors, and I must admit I struggled quite a lot with the tension. I guess I've actually made six mitts already, if you count those attempts I had to frog. But I've got it now, so I guess I should do it some more while I'm at it. I was actually quite surprised to discover it even was a problem. It never was before..

Murakami mitts II [@ravelry] specs:
Pattern: Improvised
Size: Glove size 7.5
Needles: 2.5 and 3.0 mm
Yarn: About 50 g of PT Panda in main color, and about 25 g in contrast color

4 comments:

Rikke said...

Ah, these mittens are amazing! Your friends are sooo lucky- to get such lovely mittens and to have a friend who actually comes up with an idea like this!

Wishing you and your family a great mid-term :)

MagFly said...

Eg er heilt fascinert. Spørs om ikkje eg vil lage slike med litt andre ord.

Marten said...

Disse vottene er fantastiske på så mange måter! Jeg er stor fan av Haruki Murakami, og nå beundrer jeg din oppfinnsomhet! Fra sau har du kommet, til sau skal du bli...:)

zebraknits said...

Tora, these a piece of art. I saw them briefly when I was on holiday but couldn't use a computer, but I thought of them. Lovely work you do. Really.