13 February 2009

Murakami mitts


I've made mitts. This has been my secret project. There's been a while since I last made mitts, but now I have. And there's no single mitt syndrome here. I have made two whole pairs. I know the recipients will insist that I make a third pair - for myself - but that'll have to wait. Four is enough for now.

As you might already know, I've become fan of Haruki Murakami. And I'm not alone. A little while ago, we read "A Wild Sheep Chase" in my reading cycle (it's more like a club, really, we have rules and all..), and we loved it. Like in LOVED it! So I decided to make my dearest reading friends Murakami mitts. Or actually Wild Sheep Chase mitts, which include The Sheep, The Star and the words of The Sheep Man himself. And bubbles, because reading Murakami is a lot like enjoying a glass of sparkling wine (if you haven't read Murakami yet, do so now before it's too late!).

The Sheep Man is what you would call a strange character, and so are the quotations. I expect some of you will find them rather impropriate for best friend's mitts. To me, they are just some of the very central lines in the book, over which we had great conversations in the club. More details to follow..

6 comments:

Sasha said...

Favorite author ever! I especially love the Windup Bird Chronicle. *Love* these mittens so much!

Camilla said...

For nokre flotte vottar. God ide å kombinere fleire interesser, strikking og lesing. Fekk lyst til å prøve dette ut sjølv ein gong:) God helg!

Pinneguri said...

He is a great writer, unlike anyone else I have read (thank god and good for him ;p). I am sure he would appreciate the mittens if you had sent them. Surrealistic in his world :D)

Tora said...

I'm looking forward to reading the Windup Bird Chronicle too. It's in my bookshelf, ready for whenever I'm ready (and that is when we all three are ready!).

Poethead said...

Beautiful!

patricia said...

They are absolutely amazingly beautiful!