04 January 2009

2008 - My crafty year

The obligatory new year's post, a summary of my crafty year. A little late, but better late than never. My knitting, crochet and sewing adventures:
Most of the knitted items are my own designs, hence not so many, although I feel like I've really been knitting a lot. I have, actually, I've just had to frog every project about twice before getting it right. An obvious advantage of knitting other people's stuff is that the idea has been tested.. But then again, I do have so much fun making my own things, even if I hate the frogging.

Two knitting projects are missing. I actually made two pair of yellow gloves, because a friend of mine also wanted some. But I never got to make their photo, and besides, they look just like mine. The second missing project will be presented in a while. I just want the pattern to be ready first. And then there's the two giant sweater/cardi projects which would both have been finished if it hadn't been for my sudden urge to make Christmas presents. I'm happy I did make those gifts, though, they turned out to be appreciated ones.

Two sewing projects are missing as well. I made pirate and princess costumes for my kids for Christmas, but I haven't gotten around to take the pictures yet. Another time..

My wishes for 2009 is to have lots of fun creating new knitted garments, and I hope you will, too. (And an obvious goal is of course to finish my sweater and my cardi..)

4 comments:

MagFly said...

Takk for oppsummeringa. Eg gler meh til å følgje med i 2009 òg.

Lindsay Jean said...

Wow that's a lot of projects! I think your designs are lovely, but it makes me feel better to know that it can be a bumpy, froggy road to finish them.

Siena said...

Please continue designing Tora, that makes us all happy. I finished Little Sister`s dress in before Christmas, and loved the clever design!

Tora said...

I really look forward to knitting a lot in 2009, too, MagFly. And I will continue designing, Siena, even if it's a froggy road (fantastic expression! Thank you, Lindsay!). There's a lot more fun than frustration involved in it!