07 December 2008

My pink sweetheart

The pink Sweetheart has been finished for quite a while, I just haven't got to posting about it until now. I actually like the color. It has enough blue in it for me to like it, even if it's a pale kind of pink. And I really think it goes quite well with this design.

Once again, I found buttons in my grandmother's stash. Lovely buttons in just the right size and color. I'm so happy to have inherited her button collection. Knowing that she put all those buttons in the drawer makes me smile. She even carefully pulled a thread through the buttons that belong together, so that finding the matching buttons is easy. I think of her every time I choose buttons for a project now. I like that.

The dress is in size 6 months, and will be hanging around here until a baby girl is born. I just wanted to make another dress, I'm still kind of in love with these hearts. I also really like this yarn. It's incredibly soft, and with a shine like alpaca, but not as heavy.

Sweetheart [@ravelry] specs:
Pattern: Sweetheart by Tora Frøseth
Size: 6 months
Needles: 3.0 and 3.5 mm
Yarn: 100 g of Hifa Alv, held double

5 comments:

vonnie said...

Precious little dress....for a coming baby-girl!

t does wool said...

yes,percious,and I love the heart detail!

Kyoko said...

That is a lovely knit. Love the heart :D

Pinneguri said...

Gledelig solsnu-feiring, og et riktig godt nytt år :)

Tora said...

Thank you for the comments, I hope I come across a baby girl to wear it one day.

Tusen takk, Ann! Og siden det er litt sent å ønske deg god solsnufeiring, så: godt nyttår til deg og!