24 October 2008

Roses in October

I usually have lovely roses in my tiny garden. I cut the plants as I was my own worst enemy when the snow is well gone, and after the tulips have said farewell, the roses start growing. At late summer, I get to enjoy lovely pink and red roses.

Not so this year. I don’t know what happened. Was it me who cut the rose plants in the wrong way this year, or was it the cold August? Either way, there were no roses for me to enjoy (not that there ever was a late summer this year either, it’s actually been autumn since the beginning of august). Until now. Late October, frost at night, and there are roses in my garden as never before. I guess we’ll have to extend the barbeque season..

5 comments:

HANNE said...

Herligt, måske er der små alfer i din have, som laver numre med dig :O)

Nettie said...

Just beautiful! I can't wait to have my own little garden someday :D

lucy said...

Oh, I love roses. It's nice that they're still blooming. Enjoy them while you can.

Tora said...

Jeg koser meg med tanken på alver i hagen, Hanne ;-)

Nettie, you should see my garden, it's a tiny one, and not very beautiful either..

Lucy, they're actually not still blooming, they have just started blooming.. Well, probably a little while ago, but not so long.

Ingvild said...

Så nydelige roser, Tora. Selv husker jeg at vi en gang fant roser i hagen på julaften. Det ga en litt spesiell høytidsfølelse.

:o)