14 September 2008

Curtain

This is what I have been working on the past few weeks. A tiny crocheted thing, which is going to be used as a curtain in the front door window of my mom's new mountain cabin. I made her one a few years ago, and it's been hanging in her house's front door window ever since. I'm actually quite proud to have finished this one, as my elbow problems began after having made about 8 out of 36 parts of it. I do like the result, though, it's so tender and beautiful. My breadbasket cloth, which I also made a few years ago, is a favorite, I love to serve my home made bread on it.

I do prefer knitting over crocheting, that's for sure. Now I will finish the two sweaters currently on my needles. As the temperature seems to be dropping quite quickly these days, I think I'll have to finish my daughter's sweater first, as I don't think the one I made last year fits her anymore.

5 comments:

lise said...

Nydelig!

Lise said...

This is such a lovely work!

karen - from me to you said...

oh my god - I can only imagine the work - it is very lovely - your Mom will be happy with this one.

lucy said...

You are a wonderful crotcher....the work is intricate and beautiful! How long does it take you to make a piece like that?

Geek+Nerd said...

What a gorgeous gift for your mother! And so much work! She is lucky to have a daughter as generous as you!