12 February 2008

Red dress on the needles

Have any of you ever watched people knit? I mean really studied them (us)? When I knit, I look intensely concentrated, gazing at my needlework with stiff lips. With the hands clinging to the needles. Still I would claim this is one of my most relaxing activities.

I'm knitting baby clothes again, aiming a bit higher than the newborn size this time, knitting for my 6 months old niece. I'm not yet tired of working the cute little hearts, so I'm adapting it to some cute baby stuff. An open fronted vest seems a bit unpractical for a baby, so I'm thinking a dress similar to this one, but wider. If it's a success, the dress will be available in three baby sizes.

5 comments:

Lise aka Pindsvinet said...

It's funny to look at people who knit. It looks like you're slightly extending your index finger, like I do. And it's still so relaxed...

Gitte said...

Yes - it is relaxing - and - it keeps me awake in the evening after the children are put to bed. Otherwise I fall a sleep on the sofa - can't sleep when I go to bed, and the evening has been wasted. So knitting has many advantages.

Mette said...

I'm really looking forward to your next project, Tora. You are so inspiring. I think I have to knit soon - I hope. Have a great day, Mette.

lifeondyssen said...

Hi hi du har ret Tora.. vi ser lidt stram-tantet ud og så slapper vi helt af når vi strikker.
Mette

Tora said...

Hmm.. Maybe I'll take pictures of my knitting friend next time they're visiting. A gallery with the knitters of my life would be a great idea!

I've always found so much inspiration over at your place, erleperle-Mette, so you saying I inspire you is a great compliment. Thank you!

And lifeondyssen-Mette, I guess aunty is just the right word for the knitter look :-)