02 December 2007

Rural swatch

I've been meaning to start this project for a long time. Both the pattern and the yarn have been in the house for quite a few months. Now I've finally made the swatches, and I am looking forward to working on the Urban Aran Cardigan, made famous by Jared as a modification of Patons' female sweater pattern. It's for my husband, and the yarn is lovely. A rough tweedy yarn suitable for my Man. The color is moss green, hence the photo surroundings. Guess I'll have to rename the beast Rural Aran Cardigan. I had to borrow my sweet seventy something neighbour's knitting needles size 5.5 mm for my swatch yesterday. By the look of my needle supply, I usually don't work with larger needles than 4.5 mm, so I'll have to do a little shopping tomorrow.

1 comment:

Knittypants said...

I love this pattern. I have yarn and pattern waiting around for me to one day get to it. Love the color you chose.