21 September 2007

Orthogonal fun

I have frogged my daughter's pullover, because I didn't like how the fabric worked out. I guess the yarn was a little bit too heavy for a little girl's sweater, or maybe my needles were too small. Either way, the knitted fabric was too stiff for my taste. I just wouldn't like to wear it myself the way it was. So I'll knit a new one for my little girl..

In the meantime, I'm working on the kindergarten pullover for my son. He'll obviously need one, too. I found some Pt5 yarn on sale last week. Inspired by the stripes in this piece of beauty, I found just the right colors for my little boy. This yarn yields a soft-soft fabric, I think it will be nice to wear. As before, I'm knitting top-down, or at least not knitting bottom-up. As suggested by the title, this is a multidirectional knitted pullover, totally without any seaming. It's a peasant style - set-in sleeve hybrid, constructed again with Barbara's help. I've finished one arm and half-way down the torso, so FO pictures are to come soon (I hope.. ).

No comments: