15 May 2007

Toe-up Monkeys

My very first pair of socks is finished. Knitting the first sock was like a dream, learning about magic loop, magic cast on, turn heel.. The second sock went just fine, still I think I might join this plan for at least a couple of pairs. I will definitely knit more socks right away. The thing is, the other two knitting projects that lie around here are kind of frustrating right now. I'm not sure if I really love the Silke tweed yarn used for the Shifting Sands, so I might frog all of it and go for another yarn for the scarf. Or maybe I'll change my mind and finish it after all.. The vest is on hold for the moment, simply because I can't decide where to go with it. My original plan was lace all up, and maybe that is what it should be too. It's a good winter project, and not going anywhere, so there it is..

Knitting socks is so compatible with Summer. Easy to carry, and perfect for knitting a round here, a round there without loosing track of it. The Monkey socks were fun, and I like the yarn, though I'm not all crazy about the colours. Think I'm more of a somewhat solid kind of person. I've already started another project with a perfect green mix, more about that later.

Reversed monkey


Pattern: Monkey socks by Cookie A.
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, "Gold Hill"
Modifications: Yes! I knitted the sock toe-up, only because I liked the idea of that approach, using this pattern, thus reversing the Monkey lace.

1 comment:

Marie said...

it's beautiful! Fabulous colors, but if you don't like the striping maybe you should try a semisolid, or a variegated that has nuances of the same color.