01 April 2007

Stash reduction and a slow, but oh, so beautiful knit..

I've come to understand that one of the big knitting blogiverse issues is stash reduction. I got a sudden urge to tidy up my stash this evening, and this is the result; a plastic bag with lots of yarn I'll never use. Most of it is as old as my knitting hobby, stolen from my mum's stash when I was a kid, and I think that my future projects deserve better yarn than that. So I've decided to give it away to the kinder garden next door (where my twins will start in August :-)) , I'm sure they can find better use of it. It actually was the woman in my LYS's idea, and a brilliant one, I must admit..

I've also done some knitting the past days, and I've realized that the Shifting Sands scarf is just the slowest knit ever! It's not boring in any way, but advancing if only a decimeter seems to take forever. Even my husband is commenting on it! The result, though, is awarding as anything. I'm so excited about the resulting fabric!

No comments: